- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
ICT modelling spreadsheet - This coursework was designed to investigate the uses of electricity bills and how electricity bills are produced.
The first 200 words of this essay...
GCSE ICT Modelling Spreadsheet: Write Up
This coursework was designed to investigate the uses of electricity bills and how electricity bills are produced. Firstly we needed to list all of the electrical appliances in our homes and find out how many units of electricity is uses up. These units are measured in kilowatt-hours, meaning how many kilowatts the appliance needs for each hour that it is used. This information was then tabulated into a spreadsheet (as shown on the left). After doing this, we then estimated how long each appliance is going to be used and how many times per week.
When the cost of each appliance is calculated, they are all added up to give a total bill. After this, V.A.T. (value added tax) is added on to the price; the V.A.T. is five percent of the cost. Finally, to work out the final bill, the standard charge is added on. The standard charge is a set price from the company, and is the cost of the electricity being supplied to your home. For the supplier 'npower' the standard charge is £21.59, and this is charged annually.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Patterns of Behaviour (view all)
- How Does The Concentration Of Sodium Thiosulfate Affect The ...
- In my investigation I am going to look at how concentration ...
- How dose temperature affect the rate of reaction between mag...
- Chemistry Coursework - How the concentration effects the rat...
- Investigation exploring rates of reaction, using the reactio...
- Rate of Reaction - Formation of Sulfur
- Investigating how the concentration of acid affects the rate...
- Hypothesis - I am going to be examining how much energy is t...
- Investigating the rate of reaction between hydrochloric acid...
- History of the Periodic Table
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.