- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Identify any differences that occurred, during the growth of hyacinths grown hydroponically, when different content of solutions were used.
- Essay length: 4906 words
- Submitted: 12/12/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
An experiment was carried out, to identify any differences that occurred, during the growth of hyacinths grown hydroponically, when different content of solutions were used. Over a period of eight weeks, data has been collated and analysed to find the most favourable solution for the best growth medium for hyacinths.
It was required to research an area of environmental science, for this assignment, to develop independent scientific investigation. The aim was to collect relevant information, design an experiment, collect and record data. The data will then be analysed and conclusions will be drawn from this. As this is not an area that I am familiar with, I decided to opt for a simple experiment, with the intentions of progressing on to a more complex one in further investigations. After intensive background reading I decided to opt for something that I had some understanding of and thought that I would investigate the growth of plants. I felt this investigation could advance my subject knowledge and therefore improve my teaching in this area.
Primarily, I needed to formulate a hypothesis. As a novice, I was unaware that plants could be grown in water alone, and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Green Plants as Organisms (view all)
- Testing a leaf for starch experiment
- Factors Affecting Infiltration Rates
- What affect does the length of cooking time have on the vita...
- An Investigation into the Effects that Different Light Inten...
- An Experiment Investigating the Factors Affecting Photosynth...
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of cloning plants?
- Osmosis investigation. My prediction is that as the concent...
- Which seed will germinate faster a corn or bean in tap water...
- What is photosynthesis? Experiments that discovered the pro...
- Experiment Report on Best Fertilisers
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'