- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Importance of Water.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Importance of Water
Our Earth seems to be unique among the other known celestial bodies.
It has water, which covers three-fourths of its surface and
constitutes 60-70 wt % of the living world. Water regenerates and is
redistributed through evaporation, making it seem endlessly renewable.
So why worry?
Actually, only 1% of the world's water is usable to us. About 97% is
salty sea water, and 2% is frozen in glaciers and polar ice caps. Thus
that 1% of the world's water supply is a precious commodity necessary
for our survival. Dehydration (lack of water) will kill us faster than
starvation (lack of food). Since the plants and animals we eat also
depend on water, lack of it could cause both dehydration and
starvation. The scenario gets worse. Water that looks drinkable can
contain harmful elements, which could cause illness and death if
Good water is essential to body cleansing. It's obvious. It sounds
like a truism. Your body goes down fast without water. Making up
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Green Plants as Organisms (view all)
- Testing a leaf for starch experiment
- Biology Lab Report. Does light intensity affect the rate of...
- Testing Starch in a (Variegated) Leaf - Lab Report
- An Experiment Investigating the Factors Affecting Photosynth...
- To measure heat loss in two test tubes which represent bodie...
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of cloning plants?
- Osmosis investigation. My prediction is that as the concent...
- Which seed will germinate faster a corn or bean in tap water...
- What is photosynthesis? Experiments that discovered the pro...
- Experiment Report on Best Fertilisers
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo