In my case study I will explain and supply a lot of information on the facts, and consequences of smoking. I will explain the dangers of smoking, why people crave cigarettes, and what smoking does to your body. I will also explain why the government are i
Extracts from this essay...
1. Introduction 2. What is in a cigarette? 3. What does a cigarette do to your body? 4. What smoking does to certain parts of your body! 5. What smoking does to your heart! 6. Second hand smoking! 7. Evidence / Opinions for a smoking ban! 8. Evidence / Opinions against a smoking ban. 9. Conclusion 10. Bibliography Introduction In my case study I will explain and supply a lot of information on the facts, and consequences of smoking. I will explain the dangers of smoking, why people crave cigarettes, and what smoking does to your body. I will also explain why the government are implementing the smoking ban which takes effect on the 1st of July! What is in a cigarette? Main causes of death attribute are the ingredients in the cigarette. They contain over 4000 different chemicals including noxious gases and tiny droplets of tar, which causes cancer, and nicotine, a highly addictive drug. When you take a puff on that fag you are inhaling smoke that contains chemicals found in insecticide, explosives and floor cleaner; Ant poison, nail polish remover, weed killer, self tanning lotion and aviation fuel. Tar- Tar is a mixture of chemicals, to name a few (arsenic and cyanide)
This, in a combination with an increase of blood pressure, increases the bodies demand for oxygen and consequently the heart has to work harder. Within 1/2 of breathing in second hand smoke, a non- smokers risk of a heart attack is increased! The later effects on how smoking a cigarette can affect your heart- Smoking and being exposed to second hand smoke increases the chance of a heart attack in the long term. These are caused when the blood vessells in the heart get blocked. Cancers - The cancer causing chemicals in tobacco are passed around the body, in the blood stream. This has been shown to have increased the risks of cancer in other parts of the body In particular, cancers in the kidneys and the lungs are the most common! Bones- Smoking increases the chances of getting Osteoporosis, a thinning of the bones, which happens later in life and is more common in women. Exposure to second hand smoking severely increases the risk of getting lung cancer, international experts have recently claimed. Mariah Williams told BBC interviewers recently in an interview: "Passive smoking is quite clearly more than just the nuisance many of the world's tobacco companies would have us believe" "Why should you worry about second hand smoke?"
Free will, is the biggest word which protestors use! Its their life, let them smoke if they want to smoke! "As smokers become increasingly stigmatised, many pubs and restaurants are thinking about banning smokers. Inside Out looks at whether Millender's will be fuming mad if smoking bans get the go-ahead." I got that quote from www.bbc.com "If people don't like my smoking policy then they have the chance to go somewhere else. This is our act of defiance" Passive smoker in Wales "I have respect for the law, but I have no respect for an unfair law. I don't want to break the law, but I feel I've been pushed into it" Adam Lees, New Jersey "At the end of the day it's my pub, not the Government's" Pub owner in Yorkshire In my case study I have looked at the following, why smoking is so bad. And what does to your health, why smoking can lead to lung cancer and other serious illnesses, And Opinions for and against smoking ban. To give my Opinion final, Smoking is a dirty habit which has unfortunately gripped the nation and more and more people are dieing because of it! We need to stop it and stop it now. WWW.BBC.COM WWW.AWAAWE.COM WWW.GET-SMOKING-RID.COM advertisement Jerry George
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
- Over 180,000 student essays
- Every subject and level covered
- Thousands of essays marked by teachers