- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Investigate how the concentration of hydrochloric acid effects the reaction between hydrochloric acid and sodium thiosulphate.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Abdullah javed 10w/k science coursework
Rates of reaction
Aim: To investigate how the concentration of hydrochloric acid effects the reaction between hydrochloric acid and sodium thiosulphate.
Introduction: I will be conducting an experiment on the rate of reaction for my gcse coursework. I will be doing this coursework for a period of two weeks. We will be reacting sodium thiosulphate with hydrochloric acid. And i will be investigating how the concentration of hydrochloric acid effects the reaction between hydrochloric acid and sodium thiosulphate. When sodium thiosulphate and hydrochloric acid are mixed, A yellow precept of sulphur is produced the solution becomes increasingly difficult to see through as more and more sulphur is formed.
Prediction: I think that as the amount of sodium thiosulphate is decreased and the volume of water is increased, the reaction time between it and hydrochloric acid will increase. This is because when concentration of a substance increased, it reacts a lot quicker due to there being more particles that want to react with each other. Reactions can only happen when the reactant particles collide, but most collisions are not unsuccessful in forming product molecules. Water has been introduced
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Aqueous Chemistry (view all)
- Back Titration Lab Report. In my experiment, I hoped to find...
- pH Lab Report - testing household liquids
- Conductivity Lab. Purpose: To determine which substances a...
- Investigate the solubility of table salt (NaCl) in distilled...
- My aim for this experiment is to investigate the solubility ...
- Precipitation of Salts & Identification of Unknown Solut...
- Separation Of A Mixture of Salt, Sand and Iron Filings
- Decomposing Malachite. Purpose: To test the assumption that...
- How does temperature affect the dissolving rate of a sugar c...
- AIM: To study the effect of solid impurities on boiling poin...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.