- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Investigate the factors that affect the rate of photosynthesis.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Photosynthesis is the chemical process, which takes place in every green plant to produce food in the form of glucose. Oxygen is also produced as waste.
I am going to investigate the factors that affect the rate of photosynthesis. The factor I have chosen to investigate is light intensity. Does varying degrees of light intensity affect the rate of photosynthesis in a green plant.
Canadian pondweed (Elodea) will be used for this experiment, as when placed in water it gives of bubbles of oxygen from the cut end. This factor makes it ideal for observing the amount of oxygen given off when placed under varied light intensities.
The aim of this experiment is to determine whether the intensity of light affects the rate of photosynthesis in plants.
Photosynthesis occurs only in the presence of light. It is a chemical process used to turn inorganic compounds, carbon dioxide and water into organic compounds, carbohydrates. Photosynthesis occurs in chloroplasts, which are tiny membrane-bound bodies containing the light-trapping pigment chlorophyll. The equation for photosynthesis is:
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Green Plants as Organisms (view all)
- Science Investigation Into What Affects The Rate That An Asp...
- Investigation to find out how light intensity effects the ra...
- Investigating the distribution of Pleurococcus on trees.
- What affect does the length of cooking time have on the vita...
- Investigate the effect of huddling on heat loss.
- Write a review of GM Crops for a newsletter, 500 words limit...
- Factors Affecting Seed Germination Lab - the effect of light
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of cloning plants?
- Osmosis investigation. My prediction is that as the concent...
- Which seed will germinate faster a corn or bean in tap water...
- Biology CourseworkTo determine if the distribution of flora ...
- The roles water in living organisms and water as a habitat f...
- Investigating Factors Affecting the Rate of Photosynthesis.
- An investigation into the effect of light intensity on the r...
- How the molar concentration of NaHCO3 (Sodium Hydrogen Carbo...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.