- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Investigating Factors Affecting the Rate of a Chemical Reaction
- Essay length: 4969 words
- Submitted: 11/07/2002
The first 200 words of this essay...
Manaan Malik 5f presents... Mr Phillips- Chemistry
"INVESTIGATING FACTORS AFFECTING THE RATE OF A CHEMICAL REACTION"
I will be conducting an experiment investigating two different factors that can affect the rate of reaction in a chemical experiment. The reactants, which I will be experimenting with, are HYDROCHLORIC acid (aq) and SODIUM THIOSULPHATE (aq). With rate meaning the speed of the reaction. We know that there are many factors that can affect this, such as;
* Surface area
* Concentration of reactants
* Temperature of the reactants
From this list I must choose two suitable factors affecting rate of reaction to investigate. I will be looking for the most practical and which factors would hopefully give us the most varied set of results. As for the other factors, which I'm not investigating but could affect the rate, these must be controlled.
The effects of, and controlling, the factors.
Catalyst- The job of a catalyst is to weaken bonds and therefore lower the activation energy thus increasing the rate of reaction as it makes it easier for both reactants to react.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Patterns of Behaviour (view all)
- Find out the effect of concentration on the reaction between...
- In this certain investigation, I will investigate on how I c...
- Effect Of Substrate Concentration On The Activity Of Catalas...
- Investigation of the rate of reaction between Magnesium and ...
- A reaction between Hydrochloric Acid and Magnesium ribbon.
- Rate of Reaction - Formation of Sulfur
- Investigating how the concentration of acid affects the rate...
- Hypothesis - I am going to be examining how much energy is t...
- Investigating the rate of reaction between hydrochloric acid...
- History of the Periodic Table
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.