- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Investigating Factors Affecting the Rate of a Chemical Reaction
- Essay length: 4969 words
- Submitted: 11/07/2002
The first 200 words of this essay...
Manaan Malik 5f presents... Mr Phillips- Chemistry
"INVESTIGATING FACTORS AFFECTING THE RATE OF A CHEMICAL REACTION"
I will be conducting an experiment investigating two different factors that can affect the rate of reaction in a chemical experiment. The reactants, which I will be experimenting with, are HYDROCHLORIC acid (aq) and SODIUM THIOSULPHATE (aq). With rate meaning the speed of the reaction. We know that there are many factors that can affect this, such as;
* Surface area
* Concentration of reactants
* Temperature of the reactants
From this list I must choose two suitable factors affecting rate of reaction to investigate. I will be looking for the most practical and which factors would hopefully give us the most varied set of results. As for the other factors, which I'm not investigating but could affect the rate, these must be controlled.
The effects of, and controlling, the factors.
Catalyst- The job of a catalyst is to weaken bonds and therefore lower the activation energy thus increasing the rate of reaction as it makes it easier for both reactants to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Patterns of Behaviour (view all)
- Investigation on how long a candle burns under a glass beake...
- Investigate the affect of temperature of sodium thiosulfate ...
- The Effect of Concentration on the Rate of Reaction between ...
- Marble Chips and Hydrochloric Acid.
- Rusting Lab. Hypothesis: I think that the presence of salt ...
- Experiment Plan. How much energy is transferred as heat whe...
- How does the concentration of HCl affect the rate of reacti...
- Rate of Reaction - Formation of Sulfur
- Investigating how the concentration of acid affects the rate...
- Hypothesis - I am going to be examining how much energy is t...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.