- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Investigating factors which affect the period time of a simple pendulum.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Investigating factors hich affect the period time of a simple pendulum
Investigating factors which affect the period time of a simple
Definitions: Oscillation : Repeated motion of pendulum (to and for)
Period (T) : Time taken for one full oscillation
In this investigation, I am going to experimentally determine a factor which
will affect the period of a simple pendulum and the mathematical relationship
of this factor. This type of pendulum will consist of a mass hanging on a length
Factors which affect the period (T) of a pendulum:
- Length (L) of pendulum
- Angle of amplitude
- Gravitational field strength (g)
- Mass of bob
I predict that the period will be affected by the length of the pendulum. An
increase in length will produce an increase in time. I based by prediction on
the scientific theory I found in a physics text book:
The pendulum is able to work when the bob is raised to an angle larger than
the point at which it is vertically suspended at rest. By raising the bob,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Forces and Motion (view all)
- Investigating a Cantilever.
- Investigating Impact Craters
- The Physics of Paper Helicopters
- Parachute Coursework
- To investigate the height dropped from a crater and the affe...
- Car Safety - Crumple Zones
- Physics Pendulum Practical. How does the time period vary wi...
- Report on Newton's laws of motion
- Designing an Efficient Balloon Car
- Need For Speed: High Speed Trains
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.