- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Investigating (one of) the factors that affect resistance.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Investigating (one of) the factors that affect resistance
Resistance is the property of an electrical conductor, to work against the flow of the current and change some of the electrical energy into heat. According to Ohm's law the quantity of resistance in an electric circuit determines the amount of current flowing in the circuit for any given voltage applied to the circuit. The standard abbreviation for electric resistance is R and the symbol for ohms in electric circuits is the Greek letter omega, ?. For certain electrical calculations, it is convenient to employ the reciprocal of resistance, 1/R, which is termed conductance, G. The unit of conductance is the mho (ohm spelled backwards) and the symbol is an inverted omega, W. To find resistance we use the equation
Resistance = Voltage / Current is used.
The resistance of an object is determined by a property of the substance of which it is made of, known as the resistivity and by the length and cross-sectional area of the object. Also other variables such as the temperature can determine the resistance. Usually, a material's resistance increases with the rise in temperature as the voltage going across the wire
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Electricity and Magnetism (view all)
- Draw stress and strain graphs for the metal copper and the a...
- The aim of the investigation is to calculate the young's mod...
- "My aim is to find out how much energy is released when...
- The aim of my experiment is to see how the resistance of a f...
- Resistivity Coursework
- Determining Voltage, Resistance and Current in a Parallel, S...
- Resistance of a Wire - Triple Science
- Physics Project Maglev Trains
- Static Electricity.
- Resistance of a wire coursework
""Zoey. University Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.