- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Investigating (one of) the factors that affect resistance.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Investigating (one of) the factors that affect resistance
I am going to investigate how much changing the length of a wire affects the resistance in a circuit. I am going to test this by changing the length of a wire in a circuit, in steps of 10cm. I will record the readings of the volts and currents in a table. By recording these readings I am then able to work out the resistance. By using the formula. V
In order to avoid the dangers involved I will have to take safety precautions. In case the wire gets too hot I will place a heatproof mat under the wire during the experiment.
Using my scientific knowledge on resistance I can make a prediction. I predict that the wires which measure 40cm and 50cm will have a low resistance respectively, because there is a shorter length for the current to travel. Meaning less collisions between the atoms of the wire and the electrons of the current. Also the electrons do not have to squeeze together for a long amount of time, because these lengths of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Electricity and Magnetism (view all)
- Stopping Distance Investigation
- How the length of a wire affects the resistance.
- relationship between voltage and current
- To investigate How the Length of Wire affects its Resistance...
- Resistivity Coursework
- Resistance of a Wire - Triple Science
- Physics Project Maglev Trains
- Static Electricity.
- Resistance of a wire coursework
- Aim: I am going to carry out an investigation to find how th...
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.