- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Science Coursework/Investigating Resistance
Colm, the lab technician, needs some 5 ohm resistors for an experiment but has none in stock. All he has is some Nichrome wire?
Investigate one of the factors which affects the resistance of a wire.
My aim in this investigation is to find out how the length affects the resistance of a wire. f
To understand my investigation I have given some written information supported by scientific knowledge.
To attain the most precise result, a number of factors need to be considered which enables us to achieve this. The variables are:
? Diameter of the wire;
? Material of the wire
Diameter of the wire
By increasing the diameter of the wire we offer more space or routes for the electrons to pass through, therefore meaning fewer collisions with the other ions and less resistance. If the cross sectional area is smaller there will be greater resistance because there will be to more collisions between the ions as there are fewer routes for the electrons to pass through.cobc bcr
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Electricity and Magnetism (view all)
- p5 investigation cwk- resistance of a lightbulb
- Investigating The Characteristics Of A Filament Lamp
- Factors Affecting Resistance of a Wire
- The resistance of a wire depends on certain factors. Some of...
- The aim of my experiment is to see how the resistance of a f...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.