- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Investigating the effect of changing the concentration on the rate of reaction.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Course Work - Chemistry
Investigating the effect of changing the concentration on the rate of reaction
I am going to investigate the effect of changing the concentration of sodium thiosulphate on the rate of reaction.
sodium hydrochloric sodium water sulphur sulphur
thiosulphate + acid (aq) + (l) + (l) + dioxide
(aq) (aq) (g)
Na2 S2 O3 + 2HCL 2NaCl + H2O + S + SO2
I have done previous work on this investigation, in class & from past preliminary work.
In my preliminary work we have done a similar experiment, but to find out what effect temperature had on the rate of reaction between sodium thiosulphate, hydrochloric acid & water. We used this past experiment for the basis of this experiment to find out what effect concentration had on the rate of reaction.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Patterns of Behaviour (view all)
- Investigation exploring rates of reaction, using the reactio...
- Investigating the Rate of Reaction - Sodium Thiosulphate and...
- Investigate the rate of reaction between hydrochloric acid a...
- An investigation into how concentration affects the rate of ...
- Kinetic Theory of Matter Investigation
- Rate of Reaction - Formation of Sulfur
- Investigating how the concentration of acid affects the rate...
- Hypothesis - I am going to be examining how much energy is t...
- Investigating the rate of reaction between hydrochloric acid...
- History of the Periodic Table
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student