- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Investigating the factors influencing the rate of reaction between Sodium Thiosulphate and Dilute Hydrochloric acid.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Investigating the factors influencing the rate of reaction between Sodium Thiosulphate and Dilute Hydrochloric acid
In a reaction, the initial materials are called the products, and the result materials are known as products. The time it takes for a reaction to happen in is known as the speed or rate of the reaction. The coursework entails investigating the rate of reaction between Sodium Thiosulphate and Dilute Hydrochloric acid and the effect of different variables on the reaction.
When a reaction between Sodium Thiosulphate and an acid, a cloudy, yellow precipitate is formed. To see the time it takes a reaction to occur there will be a measure of the time it takes for the precipitate to occur. Looking through the conical flask with the Sodium Thiosulphate and Hydrochloric acid solution, observing the 'X', until it disappears, will do this. This is when the precipitate has formed.
The actual reaction in this experiment is:
Sodium thiosulphate + hydrochloric acid ==> sodium chloride + sulphur dioxide + water + sulphur
Na2S2O3(aq) + 2HCl(aq) ==> 2NaCl(aq) + SO2(aq) + H2O(l) + S(s)
There are a number of factors that alter
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Patterns of Behaviour (view all)
- Chemistry Rate of Reaction Coursework for Calcium Carbonate ...
- Rusting Lab. Hypothesis: I think that the presence of salt ...
- Rate of Reaction Chemistry Coursework
- Investigating the rate of reaction between Sodium Thiosulpha...
- How does temperature affect the rate of reaction between sod...
- Experiment Plan. How much energy is transferred as heat whe...
- How does the concentration of HCl affect the rate of reacti...
- Rate of Reaction - Formation of Sulfur
- Investigating how the concentration of acid affects the rate...
- Hypothesis - I am going to be examining how much energy is t...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.