- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Investigation into the effect of differentconcentrations of carbon dioxide on the rate of photosynthesis
The first 200 words of this essay...
Investigation into the effect of different concentrations of carbon dioxide on the rate of photosynthesis
To investigate into the effect of different carbon dioxide concentrations on the rate of photosynthesis.
The investigation will be conducted using the method outlined in detail later on. In short, the water plant Elodea will be placed in a solution of altering hydrogencarbonate concentrations (0.02%, 0.04%, 0.06%, 0.08% and 0.1% as previous research has shown that concentrations above that start to damage the leaf.1) and the rate of photosynthesis will be measured by the volume of oxygen given off in a set amount of time, via a meniscus which is part of a photosynthometer apparatus set up.
I predict that the rate of photosynthesis will increase as the concentration of carbon dioxide increases up to a certain point after which another factor limits the rate of photosynthesis e.g. light intensity or temperature.
-The independent variable is the concentration of carbon dioxide which will be manipulated to see what effect it has on the rate of photosynthesis.
-The dependent variable is the volume of oxygen given off in the set amount of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Green Plants as Organisms (view all)
- What affect does the length of cooking time have on the vita...
- Science Investigation Into What Affects The Rate That An Asp...
- Biology Lab Report. Does light intensity affect the rate of...
- Testing a leaf for starch experiment
- Water's Unique Characteristics.
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of cloning plants?
- Osmosis investigation. My prediction is that as the concent...
- Which seed will germinate faster a corn or bean in tap water...
- What is photosynthesis? Experiments that discovered the pro...
- Experiment Report on Best Fertilisers
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo