- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Investigation into the effect on the rate of reaction of the breakdown of hydrogen peroxide caused by changing enzyme concentration.
- Essay length: 3473 words
- Submitted: 07/10/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
Coursework Plan - Investigation into the effect on the rate of reaction of the breakdown of hydrogen peroxide caused by changing enzyme concentration
Hydrogen peroxide is a strong oxidising agent, and a very unstable bleaching agent, which breaks down by itself if left.
Although a bi product of some metabolic reactions, hydrogen peroxide is also a metabolic poison. The speed at which it breaks down by itself is too slow when it is in the human body, because hydrogen peroxide poisons chemical reactions, so the enzyme catalase catalyses its breakdown, forming the bi products water and oxygen.
The basic structural formula of an amino acid is:
All amino acids have the same basic structure. It is the R-group that varies and gives the amino acid its nature. Amino acids join together to make a long chain of amino acids;
This is the primary structure of a protein; it is not a functioning protein until it folds up into a tertiary structure, however, the sequence of amino acids in the polypeptide chain tells us the total number of amino acids, and what kind they are. There is always a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Life Processes & Cells (view all)
- Investigation into the effects of osmosis on Potato cells
- Experiment To Investigate The Factors Affecting The Rate Of ...
- Energy content of foods
- Investigating the effect of Sucrose Concentration on the Rat...
- An experiment to show osmosis in potato chips in different c...
- AIM: To determine the concentration of ascorbic acid in oran...
- Anatony and Physiology - cells in the human body.
- The hypothesis is the optimum pH level for the enzyme Amylas...
- Science Biology Revision Notes - Nutrition in plants and the...
- Osmosis in potato cell lab report
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.