- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Is the kind of sugar determinative for the release of a higher measure of ethanol? If so, which sugar releases the most ethanol?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Yeast and fermentation: four different sugars
Karlijn Hasaart en Esmée de Looff
On the occasion of the experiment which is performed by Slaa et al. (2009); Yeast and Fermentation: the optimal temperature, we performed a following experiment by ourselves with the inquiry question: Is the kind of sugar determinative for the release of a higher measure of ethanol? If so, which sugar releases the most ethanol?
We researched the different productions of ethanol and carbon dioxide by using four different kind of sugars; glucose, cane sugar, fruit sugar and malt sugar. First of all we put the solutions of the different sugars with water and yeast by a temperature of 25 degrees (298 K) for about two days. And then we put all the solutions in a warmth bath of 37 degrees (310 K). After three days we came back and we were able to conclude something we didn't expect.
Slaa et al. (2009) did their experiment based on the fact that oil resources will be exhausted. This knowledge stimulated Slaa et al.'s interest in one of mankind's oldest chemical processes: the production of bio-ethanol from sugars by fermentation. In
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Organic Chemistry (view all)
- Polymers. The process in which polymers are formed is called...
- Hybrid cars will change our future for the better - eliminat...
- Burning Fuels
- What is Biofuel?
- To determine which alcohol makes the best fuel for burning.
- Formation of Aspirin
- Vitamin C Investigation.
- Fertilisers are substances that supply plant nutrients or co...
- Compare and Contrast the properties and reactions of Butane ...
- GCSE Chemistry Revision Notes - everything!
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.