- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Measuring the Decomposition of Hydrogen Peroxide Using Manganese (IV) Oxide Catalyst.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Measuring the Decomposition of Hydrogen Peroxide Using Manganese (IV) Oxide Catalyst
To find out how the concentration of hydrogen peroxide affects it rate of reaction
In this experiment we can change:
* Concentration of Hydrogen Peroxide
* Temperature of Reaction
* Amount of Catalyst
* Type of Catalyst
* Surface area
Concentration of Hydrogen Peroxide
50%, 37.5%, 25%, 12.5%, 0%
Temperature of reaction
Amount of Catalyst
Type of Catalyst
Manganese (IV) Oxide
1x Conical flask with Sidearm
1x Water Bath
1x Lab Jack
1x Electronic Scales
1x Hydrogen Peroxide
1x Distilled Water
1. Get your Apparatus
2. Set it up as above, with the conical flask on the lab jack
3. Measure out the concentration of Hydrogen Peroxide solution.
4. Measure out 0.25g of catalyst.
5. Add both to the conical flask and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Patterns of Behaviour (view all)
- Investigating the Rate of Reaction - Sodium Thiosulphate and...
- Investigation exploring rates of reaction, using the reactio...
- Investigate how varying the surface area of marble chips dif...
- Investigation on the Effect of Temperature on the Rate of Re...
- Investigate the rate of reaction between hydrochloric acid a...
- Rate of Reaction - Formation of Sulfur
- Investigating how the concentration of acid affects the rate...
- Hypothesis - I am going to be examining how much energy is t...
- Investigating the rate of reaction between hydrochloric acid...
- History of the Periodic Table
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student