- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Ocr Biology B3-Animal Extinction
The first 200 words of this essay...
The red squirrel or Eurasian red squirrel (Sciurus vulgaris) is a species of tree squirrel (genus Sciurus). A tree-dwelling omnivorous rodent, the red squirrel is common throughout Eurasia.
In Great Britain, numbers have decreased drastically in recent years, in part due to the introduction of the Eastern Gray Squirrel (Sciurus carolinensis) from North America
The red squirrel may have only ten years unless a vaccine is found to protect it from squirrel pox.
Red squirrels have reddish-brown fur with a white chest and, in winter, they have characteristic long, red tufts of fur on top of their ears. Red squirrels spend almost all their time in the treetops and rarely come down to the ground. High up in the branches, they build nests called dreys out of twigs nibbled off trees which they line with moss, dried leaves or grass.
At the moment the MP calls for support on the red squirrel.
David Maclean, former Tory chief whip and MP for Penrith and the Border, said a select committee inquiry was needed because Government policy was in disarray, with Government departments and agencies north and south of the Scottish border pursuing different strategies, none
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Living Things in their Environment (view all)
- An Investigation into a Woodlice's Preferred Choice of Envir...
- Investigating the habitat of woodlice.
- Branded Bleach is more effective at killing E. coli than Non...
- Investigating the effect of four antibiotic agents on gram p...
- DISCUSS THE CONCEPT OF HOMEOSTASIS PARTICULARLY IN RELATION ...
- To deal with the problem of overpopulation caused by overbre...
- Is eating the best solution to deal with over-breeding speci...
- Where are all the bees?
- Dissecting an Owl Pellet Lab
- The aim is to record the data growth of Duckweed and see wha...
""Zoey. University Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.