- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Osmosis In A Potato.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Osmosis In A Potato
My biology coursework is based round the osmosis process that takes place in potatoes. Osmosis is the intake of a salt solution through a selectively permeable membrane. The strength of a salt solution can have a dramatic difference on the amount the potato can take in, and how it reacts.
Here is an example of a selectively permeable membrane...
An fundamental necessity in my biology experiment is to decide which variable I am going to use and modify. A variable is an aspect of the experiment which can be modified in order to change the outcome of the entire osmosis experiment. Below are the variables I have available
* Solution Strength
* Size Of Potato
* Weight Of Potato
After a lot of careful deliberation I have decided to use the solution strength as my variable. I chose this because it enables me to witness the effect different strengths of solution have on osmosis.
To carry out my experiment successfully I will need to stick to the diagram below....
Firstly, I will take 6 test tubes with
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Life Processes & Cells (view all)
- Energy content of foods
- Investigating the effect of Sucrose Concentration on the Rat...
- Investigation into the effects of osmosis on Potato cells
- How does concentration affect osmosis?
- Agar Jelly Experiment Report
- AIM: To determine the concentration of ascorbic acid in oran...
- Anatony and Physiology - cells in the human body.
- The hypothesis is the optimum pH level for the enzyme Amylas...
- Science Biology Revision Notes - Nutrition in plants and the...
- Osmosis in potato cell lab report
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.