- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Osmosis In A Potato.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Osmosis In A Potato
My biology coursework is based round the osmosis process that takes place in potatoes. Osmosis is the intake of a salt solution through a selectively permeable membrane. The strength of a salt solution can have a dramatic difference on the amount the potato can take in, and how it reacts.
Here is an example of a selectively permeable membrane...
An fundamental necessity in my biology experiment is to decide which variable I am going to use and modify. A variable is an aspect of the experiment which can be modified in order to change the outcome of the entire osmosis experiment. Below are the variables I have available
* Solution Strength
* Size Of Potato
* Weight Of Potato
After a lot of careful deliberation I have decided to use the solution strength as my variable. I chose this because it enables me to witness the effect different strengths of solution have on osmosis.
To carry out my experiment successfully I will need to stick to the diagram below....
Firstly, I will take 6 test tubes
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Life Processes & Cells (view all)
- Investigating Enzymes and the effects of different variables...
- The Journey of a cheese sandwich
- Osmosis in Potatoes Lab. At which concentration of sucrose ...
- Investigate the effect of surface area on osmosis in potato ...
- Energy content of foods
- Biology-2 QWC Practice Questions & Answers
- To investigate whether the concentration of substrate (starc...
- AIM: To determine the concentration of ascorbic acid in oran...
- Anatony and Physiology - cells in the human body.
- The hypothesis is the optimum pH level for the enzyme Amylas...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.