- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Osmosis On Potato
The first 200 words of this essay...
osmosis on potato
My main aim in this experiment is to find out if osmosis occurs in a potato, and how it affect the potato in different molar solutions of sucrose and water.
· 6 petri dishes - for all of the six solutions
· Marker pen - to label the petri dish, just in case of a mix up
· Beakers - to pour the solutions into the petri dish
· Stop Clock - to time our experiment
· Cutting tile - to cut the potato on
· Knife - to cut the potato
· 25cm Measuring cylinder - to measure the solutions
· Distilled water - part of the experiment
· 2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1.0 molar solutions of sucrose - part of the experiment
· Potatoes - part of the experiment
· Tissue paper - to dry the potatoes after the osmosis takes place
· Balance - to weigh the potatoes
· Cork borer - to cut out potato cylinders
Before actually planning the experiment, I will do some research to find out about osmosis, and matters
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Life Processes & Cells (view all)
- Agar Jelly Experiment Report
- Biology Coursework Enzymes
- Biology Coursework - Osmosis
- Investigate the effect of surface area on osmosis in potato ...
- My hypothesis is that the higher the concentration of hydrog...
- AIM: To determine the concentration of ascorbic acid in oran...
- Anatony and Physiology - cells in the human body.
- The hypothesis is the optimum pH level for the enzyme Amylas...
- Science Biology Revision Notes - Nutrition in plants and the...
- Osmosis in potato cell lab report
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo