- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Paper parachute investigation - Investigating the relationships between the sizes of the cones, the time taken to fall to the ground and ultimately the speed at which each cone falls.
The first 200 words of this essay...
I will make several differently sized paper cones and time how long each cone takes to fall to the ground from the same height (2.72m). I can then investigate the relationships between the sizes of the cones, the time taken to fall to the ground and ultimately the speed at which each cone falls.
For this experiment, I will need:
* Different sized circles,
Before I start I must consider the most important factors in this experiment. The size of the cones; the change in size will create a change in air resistance and therefore affect the velocity. The amount of Sellotape we use will affect the weight of the cone and affect the results; therefore we must use proportionally the same amount of Sellotape for each parachute. The angle at which the cone is created will remain the same (60 degrees) throughout the experiment, as the angle will determine whether the cone is wide or narrow.
I will repeat the experiment 3 times and take an average to produce more accurate results. I
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Forces and Motion (view all)
- Investigating how the height of a ramp affects the speed of ...
- The aim of this experiment is to investigate what effect the...
- Investigating the factors that affect the velocity of an obj...
- Investigating the factors affecting the speed at which a par...
- We are to investigate the factors that determine the termina...
- Controlled Assesment Experiment - The extension of a rubber ...
- Medical Effects of Roller coasters
- Determining Gravity with a Pendulum
- Car Safety - Crumple Zones
- Physics Pendulum Practical. How does the time period vary wi...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Zoey. University Student.