- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Pollution and Global Warming report.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Substances dumped into a river will end up in the sea. The biggest pollution problem is global warming. This happens when greenhouse gases, such as CO2 are released into the atmosphere, trapping heat and causing the planet to warm up.
Chemical pollutants have been responsible for affecting the reproductive organs of fish, alligators and polar bears, stopping them from making babies.
The greenhouse effect
What is the greenhouse effect?
About 30 gases are made by human activity have been identified as contributing to the greenhouse effect. These are sometimes called greenhouse gases. The main gases are carbon dioxide, methane, CFCs and nitrous oxide. Sunlight reaches the Earth's surface, is reflected off it, and is prevented from escaping from the atmosphere by this layer of gases, which acts like glass in a greenhouse.
Up to a point, the greenhouse effect is a natural process, and naturally occurring carbon dioxide is not dangerous. Without greenhouse gases, the average temperature of the Earth would be -19C, which is to cold for us to live?
What part have humans had in the greenhouse effect?
We have made the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Changing Materials - The Earth and its Atmosphere (view all)
- An investigation to see how voltage affects The electrolysis...
- Investigate the factors that affect the mass of Copper depos...
- The Electrolysis Of Copper (ii) Sulphate Solution Using Copp...
- Investigating one of the factors that affects the mass of co...
- The Electrolysis of Copper (Ii) Sulphate Solution Using Copp...
- Why is Aluminium utilised in the contemporary world, for the...
- The metals used in the creation of computers
- How are products from oil obtained and used?
- Global Warming and Possible Solutions.
- Alternative Energy Research Essay
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.