- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Rates of Reaction Investigation.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Rates of Reaction Investigation
In this investigation I am going to investigate how fast the chemicals Hydrochloric Acid and Sodium Thiosulphate react. The four main variables that affect rate are:
o Temperature - if the reactants are heated/cooled they have more/less energy. If they have more energy there is greater chances of successful collisions meaning the reaction occurs faster.
o Concentration - if the solution is more concentrated there are more reactants there is a greater chance of successful collisions.
o Surface Area - if one reactant has more surface area there is greater chance of a successful collision as there is more area for the reaction to occur on.
o Catalysts - a catalyst is a chemical that speeds up a reaction without changing itself during the reaction. An example of this is an enzyme.
In this investigation however I am only going to investigate how concentration affects rate of reaction as the other methods of increasing the rate of reaction are not easily controlled and I do not know of a catalyst that will speed up the reaction.
In this preliminary work I am going
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Patterns of Behaviour (view all)
- Investigation on how long a candle burns under a glass beake...
- The Iodide - Persulphate Reaction: Determining the Effect of...
- Investigating rates of reaction between hydrochloric acid an...
- A-Level Investigation - Rates of Reaction – The Iod...
- Rate of Reaction Chemistry Coursework
- Rate of Reaction - Formation of Sulfur
- Investigating how the concentration of acid affects the rate...
- Hypothesis - I am going to be examining how much energy is t...
- Investigating the rate of reaction between hydrochloric acid...
- History of the Periodic Table
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.