- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Relate how different concentration of sodium thiosulphate reacts with various concentration of hydrochloric acid.
The first 200 words of this essay...
(Sodium thiosulphate reacting with hydrochloric acid)
Aim: To relate how different concentration of sodium thiosulphate reacts with various concentration of hydrochloric acid.
Reaction involved will be: Sodium thiosulphate + Hydrochloric acid
Na2 S2O3 + 2HCI
Prediction: I have strongly predicted that according to the collision theory, higher concentration on sodium thiosulphate and a collision with lower concentration amount of water, the speed of the reaction will definitely increase.
Sodium Chloride + Water + Sulphur Dioxide + Sulphur
I have also decided to keep the concentration of acid constant (5ml) while varying the concentration of sodium thiosulphate (10-50 ml).
2 measuring cylinders
1 conical flask
1 heatproof mat
1 Bunsen burner
1 pair of tongs
1 pair of goggles
Method: Firstly make sure that you have carried out a health and safety check on the equipment and the environment the experiment is being taken. Draw out a table to represent where all the results will be placed
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Aqueous Chemistry (view all)
- What factors affect the rate pf reaction between sodium thio...
- pH Lab Report - testing household liquids
- To investigate the reaction between Sodium Thiosulphate and ...
- Conductivity Lab. Purpose: To determine which substances a...
- The aim of the experiments was to test food samples to see w...
- Precipitation of Salts & Identification of Unknown Solut...
- Separation Of A Mixture of Salt, Sand and Iron Filings
- Decomposing Malachite. Purpose: To test the assumption that...
- How does temperature affect the dissolving rate of a sugar c...
- AIM: To study the effect of solid impurities on boiling poin...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.