- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Relate how different concentration of sodium thiosulphate reacts with various concentration of hydrochloric acid.
The first 200 words of this essay...
(Sodium thiosulphate reacting with hydrochloric acid)
Aim: To relate how different concentration of sodium thiosulphate reacts with various concentration of hydrochloric acid.
Reaction involved will be: Sodium thiosulphate + Hydrochloric acid
Na2 S2O3 + 2HCI
Prediction: I have strongly predicted that according to the collision theory, higher concentration on sodium thiosulphate and a collision with lower concentration amount of water, the speed of the reaction will definitely increase.
Sodium Chloride + Water + Sulphur Dioxide + Sulphur
I have also decided to keep the concentration of acid constant (5ml) while varying the concentration of sodium thiosulphate (10-50 ml).
2 measuring cylinders
1 conical flask
1 heatproof mat
1 Bunsen burner
1 pair of tongs
1 pair of goggles
Method: Firstly make sure that you have carried out a health and safety check on the equipment and the environment the experiment is being taken. Draw out a table to represent where all the results will be placed
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Aqueous Chemistry (view all)
- pH Lab Report - testing household liquids
- Back Titration Lab Report. In my experiment, I hoped to find...
- How does the mass of Ammonium chloride affect the temperatur...
- What factors affect the rate pf reaction between sodium thio...
- Investigate the solubility of table salt (NaCl) in distilled...
- Precipitation of Salts & Identification of Unknown Solut...
- Separation Of A Mixture of Salt, Sand and Iron Filings
- Decomposing Malachite. Purpose: To test the assumption that...
- How does temperature affect the dissolving rate of a sugar c...
- AIM: To study the effect of solid impurities on boiling poin...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.