- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Research question - Is using dogs for work ethical?
- Essay length: 5714 words
- Submitted: 28/05/2011
The first 200 words of this essay...
Dog behaviour CDA
There are many ways that animals are connected to our lives. Some of us have them as pets, and even people who don't have a pet still have products (such as medicine) that have been tested on them. According to a website called 'The vegetarian site' very well known companies such as 'Max factor', 'Vaseline' & even 'Kleenex' have products that are animal tested. Some people protest that animal testing is not ethical because of the pain the animals have to endure for our benefit, but others argue that a lot of the medicine we have now wouldn't of existed if it hadn't of been so. A lot of argument has also gone into the concept of conditioning. We condition animals and even people without noticing we are doing it. Dogs are trained to sniff drugs in an airport and even children have a daily bed time that they are used to. So when J.B Watson sprung a debate about ethics when he conditioned Little Albert (who was just a baby at the time) to be afraid of rats and other things that looked similar, he had opened a controversy. Does there have to be
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Living Things in their Environment (view all)
- Investigating the habitat of woodlice.
- An Investigation into a Woodlice's Preferred Choice of Envir...
- The importance uses of micro organisms.
- Pros and cons of free range chicken farming.
- A2 Biology Coursework -Investigation into the effect of diff...
- To deal with the problem of overpopulation caused by overbre...
- Is eating the best solution to deal with over-breeding speci...
- Where are all the bees?
- Dissecting an Owl Pellet Lab
- The aim is to record the data growth of Duckweed and see wha...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.