- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Runny Oil Coursework.
- Essay length: 1974 words
- Submitted: 22/12/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
Runny Oil Coursework
Introduction and rough background information
Crude oil is a mixture of substances made from hydrogen and carbon (hydrocarbon), gasoline (petrol) is made from oil.
How Oil Is Made....
It starts of as plankton in the sea
The plankton then dies and falls to the sea bed
The dead plankton is then covered in sand rocks and silt
At this point the plankton is at a low temperature and incredible pressure
The plankton does not decompose completely, due to the lack of oxygen and bacteria
A few million years later oil is formed
It is then split at high temperature into different fuels once extracted from the ground
There are millions of organic chemicals, but they can be divided into groups called homologous series, all members of a homologous series when paired up will have a similar chemical pattern, for instance in the group of alkenes that we will investigate...
Melting Point (degrees Celsius)
Boiling Point(degrees Celsius)
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Changing Materials - The Earth and its Atmosphere (view all)
- To find out how current affects the rate of electrolysis
- The Electrolysis Of Copper (ii) Sulphate Solution Using Copp...
- Investigate whether voltage affects the rate of electrolysis...
- Chemical Reactions in the Kitchen
- To determine the value of Faraday constant (quantity of elec...
- Are Electric Cars better for the Environment?
- The Earth's Atmosphere and Air Pollution
- Chemistry- Earth, its structure and atmosphere
- Causes of Global Warming
- Why is Aluminium utilised in the contemporary world, for the...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.