- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
test for anions present in various salts.
The first 200 words of this essay...
CHEMICAL TESTING FOR ANIONS
In this investigation we are going to test for anions present in various salts.
Such as we have known, the charged particles are called ions. Positive ions are called cations because they travel towards the cathode, such as: aluminum, ammonium, calcium, copper, iron (II), iron (III); Negative ions are called anions because they travel towards the anode, such as: carbonate, chloride, iodide, nitrate, sulphate. Anions - the Negative ions are called anions because they travel towards the anode. Sulphate ions and nitrate ions are very difficult to discharge. When solutions of sulphates and nitrates are electrolyzed, hydroxide ions are discharged instead, and oxygen is evolved.Cations are the charged particles that contain positive ions and anion are the charged particles that contain negative ions.
In this experiment, we are going to use the tests of anions of various metals slats Potassium chloride, Iron chloride, Sodium sulphate Calcium carbonate and Lead carbonate.
To identify anions present in various salts by chemical testing.
* Test tubes
* Test tube racks
* Distilled water
* Hydrochloric acid
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Aqueous Chemistry (view all)
- What factors affect the rate pf reaction between sodium thio...
- To investigate the reaction between Sodium Thiosulphate and ...
- pH Lab Report - testing household liquids
- The aim of the experiments was to test food samples to see w...
- A thermometric titration - determine the concentrations of h...
- Precipitation of Salts & Identification of Unknown Solut...
- Separation Of A Mixture of Salt, Sand and Iron Filings
- Decomposing Malachite. Purpose: To test the assumption that...
- How does temperature affect the dissolving rate of a sugar c...
- AIM: To study the effect of solid impurities on boiling poin...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.