- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The decomposition of hydrogen peroxide by yeast.
The first 200 words of this essay...
GCSE SCIENTIFIC INVESTIGATION
THE DECOMPOSITION OF HYDROGEN PEROXIDE BY YEAST
Skill Area P
Skill Area O
Skill Area A
Skill Area E
A Aim of the Experiment... what will you try to find out?
The decomposition of Hydrogen Peroxide by Yeast.
B Key Variables... all the different factors that can be changed.
Amount of Yeast
Amount of Hydrogen Peroxide
Time taken for decomposition to take place
Strength of Suspension
I predict that the more yeast that is put in the Hydrogen Peroxide the more violent the reaction will be; therefore giving off more oxygen. This is because of the reaction theory (the rate of a reaction depends on how often and how hard the reacting particles collide with each other. The particles have to collide to react). If the solution is made more concentrated it means there are more particles of reactant knocking about between the molecules which make the collisions between the important particles more likely.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Patterns of Behaviour (view all)
- Investigation exploring rates of reaction, using the reactio...
- Investigating the Rate of Reaction - Sodium Thiosulphate and...
- Investigate the rate of reaction between hydrochloric acid a...
- Kinetic Theory of Matter Investigation
- Measuring the Decomposition of Hydrogen Peroxide Using Manga...
- Rate of Reaction - Formation of Sulfur
- Investigating how the concentration of acid affects the rate...
- Hypothesis - I am going to be examining how much energy is t...
- Investigating the rate of reaction between hydrochloric acid...
- History of the Periodic Table
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.