- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The effects of light intensity on the rate of photosynthesis in Elodea.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The effects of light intensity on the rate of photosynthesis in Elodea
I aim to investigate the effects of the quantity of light and thus the light intensity on the rate of photosynthesis in Elodea.
Photosynthesis is the production of food compounds from carbon dioxide and water by green plants using energy from sunlight, absorbed by chlorophyll ie. Photosynthesis is how plants feed.
6CO2 + 6H2O à C6H12O6 + 6O2
Raw materials Products
ie. Green plants make organic substances from inorganic substances.
In order to keep the equation for photosynthesis simple, glucose is shown as the only food compound produced. However, this does not mean that glucose is not the only food compound produced.
The process of taking in and giving out gases is known as gaseous exchange. When green plants photosynthesise, they take in CO2 and give out O2. This only happens in daylight when light is available as an energy supply. The exchange of gases in green plants in light is the opposite of that of animals; however this does not mean that green plants do not respire. During daylight, plants photosynthesise and respire
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Green Plants as Organisms (view all)
- What affect does the length of cooking time have on the vita...
- Investigation to find does light intensity affect the stomat...
- Core practical - Why does the colour leak out of cooked beet...
- To investigate the effect of light intensity on the size of ...
- Biology lab - transpiration
- Write a review of GM Crops for a newsletter, 500 words limit...
- Factors Affecting Seed Germination Lab - the effect of light
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of cloning plants?
- Osmosis investigation. My prediction is that as the concent...
- Which seed will germinate faster a corn or bean in tap water...
- Biology CourseworkTo determine if the distribution of flora ...
- The roles water in living organisms and water as a habitat f...
- Investigating Factors Affecting the Rate of Photosynthesis.
- An investigation into the effect of light intensity on the r...
- How the molar concentration of NaHCO3 (Sodium Hydrogen Carbo...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.