- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The energy produced of different alcohols.
- Essay length: 3257 words
- Submitted: 15/12/2002
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Chemistry and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
My aim for this experiment is to see the energy produced of different alcohols.
For this experiment I would expect to have 3 different variables, Independent, Dependent, and fixed variables, which all helps me to plan and explain the experiment thoroughly.
The Independent variable (things you change), the thing that I will be changing in this experiment into the combustion of a range of alcohols, would be five different alcohols, Methanol, Ethanol, Propanol, Butanol, and Hexanol, which will help me to investigate combustion of different alcohols. I will measure these individual alcohols by mass which will be measured in grams, I'll be making two readings of each alcohol before the experiment and after, which would tell me the mass lost and how much heat in produces in 5 minutes.
Dependent Variable (things that you measure) the things that I'll be measuring would be the temperature (oC) increase by every minute of each different alcohol being lit to heat the water in the copper calumeter, and the mass before and after the experiment of alcohols.
Fixed Variables (Things that you keep the same) the things that I have chosen to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Organic Chemistry (view all)
- Esters. Esters are formed from an alcohol and carboxylic ac...
- Relationship between the increasing length of the carbon cha...
- Methods of Removal of Hardness in Water
- What is Biofuel?
- How Does The Increase In The Length Of The Carbon Chain Affe...
- Formation of Aspirin
- Vitamin C Investigation.
- Fertilisers are substances that supply plant nutrients or co...
- Compare and Contrast the properties and reactions of Butane ...
- GCSE Chemistry Revision Notes - everything!
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.