- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The rate of reaction between sodium thiosulphate and hydrochloric acid
The first 200 words of this essay...
Rates of Reaction Investigation
An investigation to find the effect of changing the concentration on the rate of reaction between sodium thiosulphate and hydrochloric acid.
* Tie hair back
* Wear goggles at all times
* Be careful when using the chemicals
* Do not run
* Do not sit down during experiment
* Tuck in bags and stools.
To make the experiment a fair test, it must be carried out by:
* Using the same equipment each time
* Keeping a control to determine whether the experiments have worked correctly
* Making sure all of the independent variables are controlled, except ONE which is changed
* Make sure the stopwatch is always started at the same time for each test
* The temperature should be the same for each test done
I think that the higher the concentration of sodium thiosulphate solution, the quicker the cross will disappear. This means that the graph will have positive correlation. This is explained by the collision theory. Particles have to collide for a reaction to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Patterns of Behaviour (view all)
- Investigation of the rate of reaction between Magnesium and ...
- Chemistry Rate of Reaction Coursework for Calcium Carbonate ...
- Formula of Magnesium Oxide
- Rate of Reaction Chemistry Coursework
- Rates of Reaction- Hydrolysis of Urea by Urease
- Experiment Plan. How much energy is transferred as heat whe...
- How does the concentration of HCl affect the rate of reacti...
- Rate of Reaction - Formation of Sulfur
- Investigating how the concentration of acid affects the rate...
- Hypothesis - I am going to be examining how much energy is t...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.