- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The relationship between flow rate and temperature difference
The first 200 words of this essay...
Investigation of Flow rate and temperature difference
My coursework is based on the principle of how an electric shower works. The common assumption is that in order to alter the temperature i.e. increase or decrease it, there is a heating implement in place which does this, but my investigation has proven this is not the variable. There is a heating implement but the heat is kept constant. The temperature of the water coming out of the shower depends on the flow rate of the water.
This investigation also involves the concept of energy transfer. The conservation law of energy states that "energy can neither be created nor destroyed but can only be transferred from 1 body to another through a medium". In this case the energy is being transferred is heat. The transfer is heat energy from the hot water in the metal container by the metal container ( medium - free electrons in metal ) to the water flowing through the pipe.
I am investigating the effect of a changing flow rate on the temperature difference in a pipe. It will be important for me to carry out my experiment precisely and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Green Plants as Organisms (view all)
- Investigation to demonstrate how the surface area and volume...
- Investigating the distribution of Pleurococcus on trees.
- Biology Lab Report. Does light intensity affect the rate of...
- Water and Sewage Treatment
- Photosynthesis Simulation
- Write a review of GM Crops for a newsletter, 500 words limit...
- Factors Affecting Seed Germination Lab - the effect of light
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of cloning plants?
- Osmosis investigation. My prediction is that as the concent...
- Which seed will germinate faster a corn or bean in tap water...
- Biology CourseworkTo determine if the distribution of flora ...
- The roles water in living organisms and water as a habitat f...
- Investigating Factors Affecting the Rate of Photosynthesis.
- An investigation into the effect of light intensity on the r...
- How the molar concentration of NaHCO3 (Sodium Hydrogen Carbo...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Zoey. University Student.