- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
There are many things that affect the human body and attack its defence systems,they can be naturally occouring in the environment or self inflicted or caused by societys pollution of our planet.
The first 200 words of this essay...
There are many things that affect the human body and attack its defence systems,they can be naturally occouring in the environment or self inflicted or caused by societys pollution of our planet. Below are some conditions, with the effects that they cause to the human body and its defence mechanisms.
Alcohol consumption is a health issue which affects the vast majority. A great many people drink alcohol regularly. Although they may not be alcoholic in the sense of being addicted to alcohol, they neverthelesss expose themselves to health risks. The alcohol in wines, beers and spirits is a depressant of the central nervous system. Small amounts gives a sense of well-being, with a realease from anxiety. However, this is accompanied by a fall-of in performance in any activity requiring skill. It also gives a misleading sense of confidence.The drunken driver usually thinks he or she is driving very well. Even a small amount of alcohol in the blood increases our reaction time. In some people, the reaction time is doubled even when the alcohol in the blood is well below the legal limit laid down for car drivers. This can make a big differenece in the time needed
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Humans as Organisms (view all)
- Myocardial infarction
- Biology Revision notes - Human Biology
- The effect of different sugar substrates on the rate of yeas...
- Does listening to music affect your heart rate?
- The Race to make a Baby
- Sickle Cell Disease Research Project
- The aim of my investigation is to measure the effects of BMI...
- Biology 1 Edexcel Science Overview Revision Notes.
- Premature Babies
- Genetic Diseases
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.