- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Titration to analyse a solution of dilute sulphuric acid, and calculating the concentration of acid that it contains.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Titration to analyse a solution of dilute sulphuric acid, and
calculating the concentration of acid that it contains.
In this coursework my aim is to find out how much acid there is in a solution. I am going to use the technique of titration to analyse a solution of dilute sulphuric acid, and calculate the concentration of acid that it contains. This concentration is considerably greater than the concentration of acid in "acid rain", but the same method of analysis could be used to determine accurate values of PH for "acid rain" samples.
I must find out the accurate concentration of acid, which is thought to have a concentration between 0.05 and 0.15 mol dm-3.
The purpose of this experiment is to obtain an accurate concentration of sulphuric acid, which is found in solution. We are told that the sulphuric acid to be used has a concentration between 0.05 and 0.15 mol dm, but the task is to clarify the exact concentration using the method of titration.
The indicators that I can use are either phenolphthalein or methyl orange this is because according to the titration curve for
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Aqueous Chemistry (view all)
- Conductivity Lab. Purpose: To determine which substances a...
- Titration - The aim of this experiment is to determine the v...
- pH Lab Report - testing household liquids
- Determination of the equilibrium constant for esterification...
- Acid-Base titration of Sulphuric acid and Sodium Hydroxide
- Precipitation of Salts & Identification of Unknown Solut...
- Separation Of A Mixture of Salt, Sand and Iron Filings
- Decomposing Malachite. Purpose: To test the assumption that...
- How does temperature affect the dissolving rate of a sugar c...
- AIM: To study the effect of solid impurities on boiling poin...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.