- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
To find out what factors affect the resistance of a wire (besides current of temperature)
The first 200 words of this essay...
To find out what factors affect the resistance of a wire (besides current of temperature.) We must use two different variables.
Variables Chosen Variables
Length of wire.
Type of wire.
Chosen Variable: -
I have chosen length of wire as one as my variables because it will give me a good range of results. I will be able to compare the results from the shortest wire to the longest. I will start at 100cm then I will take 10cm off each time until I get to 50cm. (100,90,80,70,60,50cm)
The type of wire will also give me a good range of results because I will be able to see if the difference in thickness of wire makes a difference and if the different type of wire makes a difference. (E.g. aluminum and copper.) The thickness will range between 0.71mm and 0.20mm. So I will do as many different types of metal that I can do with in the allotted time.
For preliminary work, we tested how the temperature of a circuit can affect the resistance of a bulb
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Electricity and Magnetism (view all)
- Stopping Distance Investigation
- How the length of a wire affects the resistance.
- relationship between voltage and current
- To investigate How the Length of Wire affects its Resistance...
- Electromagnets - What factors affect strength of an electrom...
- Resistance of a Wire - Triple Science
- Physics Project Maglev Trains
- Static Electricity.
- Resistance of a wire coursework
- Aim: I am going to carry out an investigation to find how th...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo