- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
To investigate the effect of temperature on the rate of anaerobic respiration in yeast.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Biology Coursework: Planning
Aim: To investigate the effect of temperature on the rate of anaerobic respiration in yeast.
Prediction: I predict that the yeast will respire faster up to the temperature of 50°C. This is because for yeast to anaerobic respire it uses enzymes and enzymes are denatured past 50°C. Because of this I think that the yeast will respire fastest at 50°C and once past that temperature it will start to slow down and once all of the enzymes are denatured. I think that the fastest rate of respiration will be 50°C because every 10°C rise in temperature doubles the rate of respiration, but after the maximum temperature every 10ºC rise the rate of reaction will decrease by the same amount it increased.
Method: To do this experiment I will be using the following pieces of equipment, a boiling tube, a delivery tube, a water bath, a thermometer an solution of 0.1g of yeast to 20cm3 of water, sugar, cooking oil, a timer, a beaker, a measuring cylinder and hot water. I will set up the equipment as follows:
I will be given the yeast-water solution and will be using a top pan balance to measure
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Green Plants as Organisms (view all)
- Testing a leaf for starch experiment
- What affect does the length of cooking time have on the vita...
- An Investigation into the Effects that Different Light Inten...
- Investigation of Photosynthesis in Pond weed
- Use the method of mixtures to find out the specific heat cap...
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of cloning plants?
- Osmosis investigation. My prediction is that as the concent...
- Which seed will germinate faster a corn or bean in tap water...
- What is photosynthesis? Experiments that discovered the pro...
- Experiment Report on Best Fertilisers
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.