- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
To investigate the effect of temperature on the rate of anaerobic respiration in yeast.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Biology and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Biology Coursework: Planning
Aim: To investigate the effect of temperature on the rate of anaerobic respiration in yeast.
Prediction: I predict that the yeast will respire faster up to the temperature of 50°C. This is because for yeast to anaerobic respire it uses enzymes and enzymes are denatured past 50°C. Because of this I think that the yeast will respire fastest at 50°C and once past that temperature it will start to slow down and once all of the enzymes are denatured. I think that the fastest rate of respiration will be 50°C because every 10°C rise in temperature doubles the rate of respiration, but after the maximum temperature every 10ºC rise the rate of reaction will decrease by the same amount it increased.
Method: To do this experiment I will be using the following pieces of equipment, a boiling tube, a delivery tube, a water bath, a thermometer an solution of 0.1g of yeast to 20cm3 of water, sugar, cooking oil, a timer, a beaker, a measuring cylinder and hot water. I will set up the equipment as follows:
I will be given the yeast-water solution and will be using a top pan balance to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Green Plants as Organisms (view all)
- Factor affecting the rate of fermentation.
- What affect does the length of cooking time have on the vita...
- An experiment to investigate the water loss from leaves thro...
- Biology Lab Report. Does light intensity affect the rate of...
- Investigating the rate of cooling water in a beaker.
- Write a review of GM Crops for a newsletter, 500 words limit...
- Factors Affecting Seed Germination Lab - the effect of light
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of cloning plants?
- Osmosis investigation. My prediction is that as the concent...
- Which seed will germinate faster a corn or bean in tap water...
- Biology CourseworkTo determine if the distribution of flora ...
- The roles water in living organisms and water as a habitat f...
- Investigating Factors Affecting the Rate of Photosynthesis.
- An investigation into the effect of light intensity on the r...
- How the molar concentration of NaHCO3 (Sodium Hydrogen Carbo...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.