- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
To investigate the factors that affect the height at which a ball bounces.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Aim: To investigate the factors that affect the height at which a ball bounces.
Energy can neither be created or destroyed. It can only be converted from one form to others. The total amount of energy in any isolated system remains constant.
Types of Energy
Kinetic energy is the energy a body has by virtue of its motion. The amount of Kinetic energy an object has can be calculated using the following equation:
Kinetic Energy = 1/2 x Mass x Velocity
KE = 1/2 m v
J = 1/2 x Kg m/s
Thermal (or Heat) energy is also measured in Jules. It is energy that an object possesses because it is hot. Thermal energy will conduct or convect from a hot object or area, into a colder object or area. This causes heat to dissipate.
* Gravitational Potential
Potential energy is stored energy that depends upon the relative position of various parts of a system. The work that gravity can do to an object (if it should fall) is called gravitational potential energy. The equation to work out
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Electricity and Magnetism (view all)
- An investigation into the efficiency of an immersion heater ...
- Find the resistivity of nichrome.
- Does the length of a wire affect its resistance?
- Circuit Breakers. A circuit breaker is a device that automat...
- The resistance of a wire depends on certain factors. Some of...
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Zoey. University Student.