- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
To investigate the reaction between Sodium Thiosulphate and Hydrochloric Acid.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Aim: To investigate the reaction between Sodium Thiosulphate and Hydrochloric Acid.
Prediction: I think that as the amount of Sodium Thiosulphate is decreased and the volume of water increased, the reaction time between it and Hydrochloric acid will increase. This is because when the concentration of a substance is increased, it reacts a lot quicker due to there being more particles that want to react with each other. Reactions can only happen when the reactant particles collide, but most collisions are not successful in forming product molecules. Water has been introduced in this experiment to vary the concentration. If there is more water in the experiment, the less concentrated the Sodium Thiosulphate will be, therefore slowing the reaction.
When Sodium Thiosulphate reacts with an acid, a yellow precipitate of sulphur is formed.
As you can see, the higher the concentration, the more collisions between particles will happen
Variables: During the experiment I will keep the amount of Hydrochloric Acid the same and the total volume will always add up to 60cm3 to make it a fair test. I will change the amount of Sodium Thiosulphate from 50cm3 and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Aqueous Chemistry (view all)
- Back Titration Lab Report. In my experiment, I hoped to find...
- CalciumCarbonate + Hydrochloric Acid —> Calcium ...
- pH Lab Report - testing household liquids
- In a neutralisation reaction between an acid and an alkali, ...
- Determination of Partition Coefficient
- Plan to investigate the factors that affect the rate of reac...
- Precipitation of Salts & Identification of Unknown Solut...
- Separation Of A Mixture of Salt, Sand and Iron Filings
- Decomposing Malachite. Purpose: To test the assumption that...
- How does temperature affect the dissolving rate of a sugar c...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.