- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Activism in the movement for Women’s Suffrage
The first 200 words of this essay...
Activism in the movement for Women's Suffrage
I have chosen to focus on strategy building; how it affects women's roles in the community and the ways in which they brought about change. In light of these studies, we are able to examine strategies that enabled women to succeed in their activism. In addition, we are better able to assess the potential of pulling together these types of strategies.
In each case, the way in which women build alliances in order to pursue community change differs. These studies illustrate the diversity of women's movements due to race and class barriers. Furthermore, these women developed effective strategies in breaking through these barriers and developing creative a bridge which is essential to success.
Susan Parkison Stern (1994) describes how conversation-based research became a vehicle between parents which had not previously existed. I felt that this approach was the foundation to the success of their movement. This approach gave Stern, a white woman, the opportunity to gain acceptance in an African American community. With this acceptance she was able to raise issues within this community without being viewed as a cynic.
I found it
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- Compare and contrast the Functionalist and Marxist views of ...
- Marxist views on the family.
- Critically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of qualitat...
- The essay will interpret inequalities in health among the su...
- The Cultural Diversity of the Caribbean.
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.