- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Australian cultural identity.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Australian Cultural Identity
The Australian poet Bruce Dawe was one of the first Australian poets to recognise the average Australian as one who neither lives in the country or in the centre of a metropolis but in the middle class suburbs that expand outward from the cities. He writes for the great middle mass of Australian population about matters of social, political and cultural interests. Though Dawe is well aware of the sense of the ironic in city and suburban life in Australia that not all is well in the average Australian's life in suburbia. Bruce Dawe poems often concern's the average Australian people in the suburbs confronting their everyday problems, he observes and records the sorrow and hardships of average people struggling to survive. Our cultural identity even a stereotypical view of Australian's is that we're laconic, anti authority and we live in egalitarian society. Bruce Dawe's views on Australian cultural identity are represented in 'Life Cycle' 'Up The Wall' and 'Homo Suburbiensis'.
'Life Cycle' represents the proud and passionate nature of Australian people especially at sporting events. Life Cycle is obviously about Australian Rules Football and football team's supporters from when they are young to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- Compare and contrast the Functionalist and Marxist views of ...
- I have chosen questionnaire for my primary research method. ...
- The role of Women in today's society.
- The essay will interpret inequalities in health among the su...
- Les Miserables
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.