- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Compare and contrast the Inca and Aztec civilization in terms of religion, politics, social structure, etc. Which of the two do you think was the more powerful empire? Explain your answer.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Sociology and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Peter W. Squire III
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Question: Compare and contrast the Inca and Aztec civilization in terms of religion, politics, social structure, etc. Which of the two do you think was the more powerful empire? Explain your answer.
The Aztec and Inca Empires
Both the Inca and Aztec civilizations have similarities in religion, politics and social structure. The Aztecs were nomads that were instructed by Huitzilopochtli, the Aztec sun and war god, to head south in search of an eagle on a cactus with a snake in its mouth. They were to establish their city there. When they came about this representation the Aztecs founded their city, in present day Mexico. As they began to establish their city they copied other civilizations through their religion, cities, commerce and culture. By 1325 they began to settle. The Incas, on the other hand, were a small tribe in the Andes in struggle for the rare, rich soil in order to establish farming. When they settled in Cuzco, around 1200, they began to become a powerful empire by attacking apposing tribes. Despite these two empires similarities the Inca had the more powerful
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- Compare and contrast the Functionalist and Marxist views of ...
- Critically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of qualitat...
- The essay will interpret inequalities in health among the su...
- Marxist views on the family.
- The Cultural Diversity of the Caribbean.
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.