- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Comparing and Contrasting Nietzsche and Freud.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Essay Comparing and Contrasting
Nietzsche and Freud
Nietzsche and Freud both had the same idea that society was a major factor affecting ones behavior. However, they differed in their perception of the innate qualities of humans and how human progress is achieved. Nietzsche believed that humans were innately good and that the essence of humans lied within their will. Freud believed that humans' innate qualities were bad and it was society, which needed to suppress these qualities. Nietzsche felt that society had too much control over individuals. He states that society had adopted a type of slave morality. Nietzsche felt that if the individual wanted to succeed he or she had to break free of society to better him or herself. The basis of this idea was the theory of the will. Nietzsche believed the will was the human essence. Will is an innate quality because it is not conscience from what society says. Nietzsche believed that individuals were born good and it was society that made one bad. In order to avoid society corrupting an individual, one had to follow their will. He wanted the will to be unobstructed by society and in order to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- Compare and contrast the Functionalist and Marxist views of ...
- Should Women have equal rights to Men? Men and women should...
- The influence of social class on health and healthcare.
- What do you consider to be the main causes of social conflic...
- Assess the Functionalist claim that the family benefits both...
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.