- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Crime - 'The media portrays ethnic minorities in negative ways', Discuss.
- Essay length: 5556 words
- Submitted: 29/04/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
NAME: FATIMA ADHARA
SCHOOL: BRAMPTON MANOR SCHOOL
CANDIDATE NUMBER: 5001
1. I aim to find out whether the media does actually portray ethnic minorities in a negative way and if so how.
2. I aim to investigate what reasons arise when ethnic minorities are portrayed in a negative way.
3. I will use primary research to find out other peoples opinions and to see if people do agree with my hypothesis.
4. I will use secondary research to define key concepts and to support my primary research.
5. I will prove my hypothesis.
I wish to research this particular topic 'The media portrays ethnic minorities in a negative way' because of personal experiences that I have had which relates back to the topic. I am a young Asian teenager and I have faced many problems when I'm on the streets with friends, i.e. I crossed the road when I saw a group of young black youths because I had seen and herd about crimes which been committed by young black youths on the news and when I did they crossed over and attacked me and my sister by
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- Compare and contrast the Functionalist and Marxist views of ...
- Evaluate the view that religion acts as a conservative force...
- Compare and contrast Marxist and Functionalist accounts of r...
- To what extent to sociologists agree that the married couple...
- Assess the claim that the family has become increasingly sym...
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.