- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Fashion: A Cultural Context
- Essay length: 2512 words
- Submitted: 11/08/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
Fashion: A Cultural Context by Lauren Clarke
'Fashion' is multi-faceted- a multiple choice- depending on your budget and
attitude you can dress 'in fashion' and yet be totally individual thanks to the
available choice, and the liberal dress codes that exists. Only 40 years ago
things were very different- discuss the social and cultural changes that have
taken place since the 60's that has allowed this phenomenal change to happen,
using quotes from authors and academics to underpin your ideas.
As we approach the year 2003, we find a vastly different fashion industry from
that which existed only 40 years ago. Although the fashion sector is known for its
rapid change, we see an industry today that has been dramatically transformed
by such new things as new technology, globalisation, and changing consumer
values. Every segment of the industry has been required to change to meet new
competitive challenges. As a result, we find a fashion industry that has
restructured its self to respond to global competition.
The industry is faster, is geographically more wide spread and can
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- Compare and contrast the Functionalist and Marxist views of ...
- Discuss the difference between Quantitative and Qualitative ...
- I have chosen questionnaire for my primary research method. ...
- The Cultural Diversity of the Caribbean.
- Les Miserables
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.