- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Independent schools are better than state schools
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Sociology and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
'Independent schools are better than state
schools' Evaluate this claim.
In the British education system, parents have a choice where they send their children. They have a choice of two types of school, State schools and independent schools. A state school is one funded by the government, through taxation, and is free of charge to all pupils. The other types of schools, independent schools are funded by tuition fees paid by parents of the pupils, and any donations received. Within the category of independent schools, there are two subcategories. The two types of independent schools are public and private. Public schools are usually the most oldest, expensive and well known. Some examples of public schools are Eton and Harrow; these schools charge around £25,000 a year. The other type of independent schools is private schools. These are the less known schools, and charge £5,000-10,000 a year. Some examples of private schools in Leicester are St. Crispin's, Leicester Montessori and Loughborough Grammar. In this essay, I will state arguments for and against children being sent to independent schools, and then I will write a conclusion, summing up my arguments and making a decision on whether they are better.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- Compare and contrast the Functionalist and Marxist views of ...
- Compare and contrast Marxist and Functionalist accounts of r...
- Evaluate the view that religion acts as a conservative force...
- To what extent to sociologists agree that the married couple...
- Assess the claim that the family has become increasingly sym...
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.