- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Karo Karl: A social curse?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Karo-Kari, the myth and the reality: 3
How bad is Karo-Kari? 4
The position of women in society: 5
Women, victims of economic degradation: 5
Women as a device of honour: 6
The Law: 7
The colonial influence: 7
The Hadood Laws: 8
Qasas Law: 9
Marriage to the Holy Quran: 9
The Police, Recourse to law: 9
Karo-Kari, the myth and the reality:
Everyone has the right to an effective remedy by the competent national tribunal for acts violating the fundamental rights granted him by the constitution or by law.
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 8
Violence, especially on women has been a consistent feature of human history. Regardless of what culture, cast or creed man has been part of, his machismo has always lead to a sad state of affairs for women. While articles on paper protect the rights of both man and women, and religion i.e. Islam has guaranteed the position of women as an effective player of society, sadly instances of violence against women still continue unabated.
The word Karo literally means "black
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- What is sociology? Identify three ways that sociology can be...
- Assess the Functionalist claim that the family benefits both...
- How Social Class Affects Life Chances
- Should Women have equal rights to Men? Men and women should...
- To what extent does ethnicity affect educational attainment?
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.