- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Levi's Jeans Adverts - Case Study
The first 200 words of this essay...
Levi's Case Study
When Levi's first released this succession of commercials, they planned to change the public's view towards jeans in general. Their target audience was set. They planned the advertisements to appeal to a younger generation. Levi's were always thought to be worn by working-class people for leisure-wear, or worn by the middle-class as work-wear. The jeans were always thought to be boring, dull & unfashionable. They prepared to take on a new image. Levi Strauss & Co. planned to breakdown the stereotypical barrier that the public had built up regarding these astounding denim trousers.
Levi's have been around for more than a century. The company was established in 1853. In 2003, Levi Strauss & Co. will be 150 years old. In 1873 their founder, Levi Strauss created the first blue jeans. From the mid 1950's onwards, jeans have been especially associated with particular types of male American youth heroes, including James Dean, the young Marlon Brando, & their Sixties followers - heroes who have become symbols of youth & rebellion in almost all areas, spanning over 5 generations of American & global culture.
Their new image was sexy, stylish & sophisticated. Their new
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- Compare and contrast the Functionalist and Marxist views of ...
- Should Women have equal rights to Men? Men and women should...
- The influence of social class on health and healthcare.
- What do you consider to be the main causes of social conflic...
- Assess the Functionalist claim that the family benefits both...
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.