- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Lois Gould X: A Fabulous Childs Story brings up the factor of raising a child gender-neutral within a society that categorized and stereotypes people by their gender and sex and how these gender roles are reinforced in society.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Lois Gould X: A Fabulous Child's
Lois Gould X: A Fabulous Child's Story brings up the factor of raising a child gender-neutral within a society that categorized and stereotypes people by their gender and sex and how these gender roles are reinforced in society. Gould's X: A Fabulous Child's Story is about a child named X who is born for an experiment. The experiment is for two parents to raise a child where no one including the child knew whether it was a boy or girl in exchange, 23 billion dollars and 72 cents for the cost of raising baby X. This experiment was to show whether or not male and female characteristics are developed genetically or external. Baby X was raised as a happy health child who was raised and allowed to do everything both boy and girl children do, it did not matter whether only boys where suppose to play football or girls where only suppose to bake cakes, X was raised to know no differences and did both. X was never categorized or stereotyped from it parents as to how X should look, act, feel, or dress base on its gender. Because raising a gender-neutral
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- Compare and contrast the Functionalist and Marxist views of ...
- I have chosen questionnaire for my primary research method. ...
- The essay will interpret inequalities in health among the su...
- Discuss the difference between Quantitative and Qualitative ...
- The role of Women in today's society.
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.