- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Marxist views on the family.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Sociology and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
'Marxist views on the family'
Marxists view the family in a very disparaging light and views the family as a tool of Capitalism and the Bourgeoisie. Marxists believe that the family has many roles, which are beneficial to Capitalist society.
Marxists believe that the family aids Capitalism by being a big consumer of goods, which they have to pay for. As long as the family are around, people will keep buying the product and the bourgeoisie will continue to make money.
Marxists also believe that housewives are producing the next generation of the proletariat. This means that more people will be created to fill the jobs of the retiring proletariat.
Marxists believe that the family cushions the main provider. This is similar to the functionalist "warm bath theory". After a hard day of being exploited by the bourgeoisie, the main provider, usually the male, will be comforted by his family the family are there to relieve the pressures so that he can go into work the next day feeling less stressed than when he left the evening before. This allows the bourgeoisie to have a worker in the next day and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- Discuss the difference between Quantitative and Qualitative ...
- The riots in 2011 were a reflection of Britains broken socie...
- I have chosen questionnaire for my primary research method. ...
- Les Miserables
- Compare Rawl's Theory of Justice with those of Nozick and Wa...
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.