- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
My general hypothesis of which I'm studying to prove or not is; whether or not household tasks are adopted or allocated due to gender or expectation of gender in heterosexual relationships.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Domestic tasks are still shared unequally between men and women in heterosexual relationships in Britain today.
I feel that this topic is highly relevant to modern society today, as I have noticed that over the last few years there have been some significant changes in men and women's attitudes towards gender roles in the home, even more significantly with housework. This has come across to me especially through the media, and also as I have previously studied the topic of families and households as one of my AS modules. So because this topic has already been enlightened to me I have already begun to notice the general role of men and women throughout my own family and within other households. From my AS course I already have a small understanding of families and households and of the sociologists whom conducted studies based on labour within a household. These sociologists included Bott with her study on families and social network and Willmott and Young and their 4 stages of family life. However many of the sociologists whom conducted these studies have often been feminists, so as part of my course work I aim to look at other
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- Compare and contrast the Functionalist and Marxist views of ...
- Should Women have equal rights to Men? Men and women should...
- The influence of social class on health and healthcare.
- What do you consider to be the main causes of social conflic...
- Assess the Functionalist claim that the family benefits both...
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.